Location: SAN JOAQUIN DELTA, TINSLEY ISLAND.
Year Established: 1905, Dec
Existing Keepers Quarters? 3 Story White Victorian wooden Building
Foundation: Cylindrical Wood Piles
Tower Shape: Square
Height of Focal Plane: 52 ft
Original Optic: 5th Order, Fresnel, located at Angel Island
Fog Signal: Electric Horn/ Orig. Mechanized bell
Fog Signal Characteristic: Diaphone (gp of 2 blasts ev 30 s (2s bl-6s si-2s bl-20 s si)),
ARLHS number: USA-777
U.S.C.G. District: 11
Current Use: Yacht Club
1906: Twice the light station nearly fell into the bay, once due to erosion, and then the 1906 San Francisco earthquake permanently tilted its support pilings as much as 11 deg eastward, After the lighthouse service had placed several tons of rocks around the steel columns to strengthen and stabilize the support.
1930: Albert Joost and his wife moved to their new home at Southampton shoals. This decision to transfer was to have tragic consequences in later years.
1939: The US Coast Guard take control of the station, the mechanized bell is replaced by a pair diaphone horns.
2010: The pilings used for support the lighthouse is all that remains of the original structure and supports an automated bell which chimes every ten seconds and red light mounted on a pole, which flashes on for three seconds and is then dark for 3 seconds in each six second cycle