Island Packers, operating out of Channel Islands Harbor in Oxnard, is an authorized concessionaire to Anacapa Island and Channel Islands National Park.
call them at (805) 642-1393.
Construction:Brick & Concrete
Original lens: 3rd Order Fresnel (1932) On Display in the Visitors center
National Register Status: LISTED: ANACAPA LIGHTHOUSE
1942, The lighthouse extinguished and the navy took control of the coast guard
1950's Light-keeper James W.Baker recalled that there were many rats on Anacapa Island, they had come from a wrecked Spanish Galleon in the 1700's "We had rat alerts, similar to general quarters, where we found long tailed critters in the residences. They where large and display a nasty temper when cornered". The rats were well fed from the sea gull eggs and found shelter in the in the dwellings when the lighthouse was constructed in 1912. baker recalled a night owl screeching and when he went to investigate he saw the owl flying away with a rat clasped in its claws. The rats terrified the residents of the Island.
1951, TV had come to the Island
1961, The replaced the fog signal with an electrical appliance
- Umbrella Guide to California Lighthouses, Nelson
- California Lighthouse Life in the 1920s and 1930s, Wheeler
- California Light Stations and Other Aids to Navigation c.1950, Mattson and Thowy, California Lighthouses, Roberts and Jones
- Keeper's Log, Summer 2002,
- Lighthouse Digest August 2005
- Channel Islands, Charles Hillinger, 1998.
Anacapa Lighthouse, Lighthouse, lighthouse pictures, Anacapa Island, Anacapa, California, photographs, Journal, history, LighthousesOfCalifornia, Sean O’Cairde
Content is copyright by Ocairdestudio 2011